So, are you thinking of using the Wilcoxon for both programs? Will there be a separate analysis for each subscale (if applicable)? Also, you stated: There were two programs, 1) Children anxiety and 2) underlying condition. Can you actually state the names of your programs so your fellow students are informed? One program shoud be mental health and the other should be substance abuse.
Running Head: WEEK 4 DISCUSSION CAPSTONE 3 1
WEEK 4 DISCUSSION CAPSTONE 3 4
Week 4 Discussion Capstone 3
Appropriate test statistics
There were two programs, 1) Children anxiety and 2) underlying condition, according to the database formed. The variables for each program had ordinal measurement according since they represent categorical ordered levels. The total outcome of each instrument will also be ordinal since it is the summation of ordinal variables. Comparing the pre-test and post-test variables for children anxiety group for example, requires a non – parametric test statistics. In this case, Wilcoxon Signed Rank test was the most suitable test statistics which is the counterpart of the parametric paired samples t-test (Shams & Hesamian, 2021). This test statistics is used when qualitative ordinal characteristics of the participants is measured in different periods with the aim of determining whether a treatment had an impact on the subject.
Outcome that will be evaluated
The Wilcoxon Signed Rank test output (Z and p-value) will be evaluated in order to determine whether the differences were statistically significant. The pre and post scores will be compared in this study.
The variables that will be used are; SCAS_Pre_Total and SCAS_Pst_Total which measures children anxiety before and after treatment. Another pair of variables that can be used is ASI_Pre_Total and ASI_Pst_Total for the addiction severity index in the underlying condition program.
Comparison of different groups
A scenario when two groups are compared, say the treatment and the control group, Mann-Whitney U test can be used instead (Karadimitriou et al., 2018). This is the equivalent non-parametric test to the independent samples t-test. This helps in comparing groups from ordinal measurement.
Shams, M., & Hesamian, G. (2021). Wilcoxon Signed-Rank Test based on Fuzzy Random Variables and Fuzzy Hypotheses. Journal of Decisions and Operations Research.
Karadimitriou, S. M., Marshall, E., & Knox, C. (2018). Mann-Whitney U test. Sheffield: Sheffield Hallam University.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.