One of the central themes of this course is to examine your career aspirations in psychology as it relates to your studies thus far in the program. We begin the course assignments with a general question that we will open up for group discussion.
What does psychology mean to you?
This is not a simple question that can be answered in one or even several lines. The expectation is that you will incorporate cited evidence to inform and support your statements.
Post your response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Respond to at least two posts by the end of the week.
Contains unread posts
Angie Espinal posted May 31, 2022 5:39 PM
The best way I can interpret psychology is by defining it. Psychology can be defined as the study of humans and animals behavioral science. According to the American Psychological Association, psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behavior (Mcleod, n.d., para. 1). However, the concept of psychology involves many areas of life such as genetics, nature, nurture, and the associations between mind and brain. Although the definition of psychology emphasizes behavior, it does not exclude the rich inner life that we all experience, it includes dreams, daydreams, and other inner experiences(Davis & Palladino, 2006, p. 3).
Davis, S. F., & Palladino, J. J. (2006). Psychology (5th edition) (5th ed.). Prentice Hall.
Mcleod, S. (n.d.). What is psychology? Simply Psychology. Retrieved May 31, 2022, from
Dillard_S Discussion 1
Contains unread posts
Shawnte Dillard posted Jun 1, 2022 1:17 PM
“Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behavior, according to the American Psychological Association. Psychology is a multifaceted discipline and includes many sub-fields of study such areas as human development, sports, health, clinical, social behavior and cognitive processes” (Mcleod, 2019). This would be the much more formal definition of psychology, a discipline that can branch off into many different sectors. Psychology can push an individual into law enforcement or even into something as helpful as counseling. Psychology has the ability to stem into several different careers.
What psychology means to me is a discipline for the investigation of the mind. The brain, behavior, and personality can leave clues to a much larger cause that occurs in the brain. My current aspiration in psychology is to gain either my PsyD or PhD in forensic psychology. Forensic psychology to me is what I always imagined the psychology to be when I was much younger. I always thought it was the study of the brain but used in hospitals or for criminals. Although it is used in many different aspects this was the one that peaked my interest the most.
Mcleod, S. (2019). What is psychology? What is Psychology? | Simply Psychology. Retrieved June 1, 2022, from https://www.simplypsychology.org/whatispsychology.html
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.