Background: You have been tasked by your organization to put together a support flyer for a specific psychological or mental health disorder or illness in your area (e.g., bipolar, depression, PTSD, GAD, alcoholism, schizophrenia, autism). The flyer should be framed to support and educate a specific group of people (parents, loved ones, caregivers). You will create a flyer using the resources in Topic 7. Before starting your assignment, conduct research on your selected disorder/mental health illness in the city where you live. Identify several resources for local support groups and therapeutic clinics in your area. Review each website or resource you visit and make notes of what you found helpful or informative.
Directions: Select a specific mental illness/disorder and create a supportive educational flyer which addresses the following:
Describe the mental illness or disorder selected (description, symptoms) and what others can expect from an individual suffering from the disorder or illness.
Discuss stigmas (myths or false beliefs) associated with the mental illness selected.
Identify and describe a minimum of one treatment option.
List three local community resources for a person diagnosed with this illness or disorder. Include information on who can receive the support/treatment at these locations. Contact information is required (address, phone number, website).
When creating the flyer, consider the following:
A specific population whom this flyer would be especially beneficial. For example, a flyer illustrating PTSD may be written to address soldiers or their family members. With this in mind, ensure that information and resources are focused on the selected population. The target group should be obvious based on the visuals, and resources provided.
Use a flyer template. Refer to the Topic 7 resources Flyer Templates & How to create a Flyer in Microsoft Word. Consider visual appeal, including pictures, charts, different font size, and colors, which adds appeal to the message of the Flyer but is not overly distracting. Only .doc, or .docx extension will be accepted.
Include a minimum of three scholarly sources. Full references should be included on the flyer that match in-text citations provided.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.