Project Topic (Final Literature review of: Analysis of the HRM of Amazon Organization
Review the Course Objectives and the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities to obtain ideas for your Course Project. Actively confer with your instructor for additional information and suggestions for the final topic of your Course Project.
Students will complete a major research paper on a SHRM, Analysis of the HRM of amazon organization. In addition to functional topics, including issues in staffing, employee learning, employee relations, performance management, total rewards, and HR information systems, students can include topics that mirror the course’s primary perspectives of human capital management, HR metrics, or line/HR partnering as their primary subject
Components of the Individual Signature Course Project and Presentation
Week 6: Final of Literature Review Paper due. (70 points)
The paper should reflect one of the Course Objectives or one of the knowledge, skills, and abilities from the course. One consideration is how the chosen topic has changed to meet the challenges presented by a technology-driven global economy. Research should trace the historical roots of the topic and how technology, globalization, and other strategic forces have shaped its changes.
The paper length should be a minimum of 8-10 pages not including the title page and reference page and comply with all formatting and APA 7th Edition style standards.
In addition to the Course Objectives and knowledge, skills, and abilities provided, additional ideas are the following.
· The role of social media in organizations today and their use by human resources
· The role of employee retention as a strategy to enhance performance and productivity
· The role of total rewards in motivating staff performance
· Employment law issues in the 21st century, especially focusing on the new economy just now developing
· The evolving role of staff performance from bureaucratic performance appraisal to comprehensive performance management
· The role of labor and unions in the 21st century
· Measuring HR through predictive analytics
· Line/HR partnerships
Most of the best-known academic and popular journals will provide acceptable content. Primary among them is some of the following journals and publications.
· People & Strategy (formally human resource planning)
· Harvard Business Review
· Human Resource Management
· Academy of Management Journals (various titles included)
· Journal of Labor Economics
· Human Resource Management Review
· Personnel Psychology
· International Journal of Human Resource Management
· Journal of Management
· Sloan Management Review
· California Management Review
· Administrative Sciences Quarterly
This paper should reflect the collective efforts of the entire course content and the strategic evolution of HRM from a marginalized area of practice to one that assumes a position within management that is reflective of the potential role that effective workforce planning and development can play. Students’ research should defend why their chosen topics matter to senior management and the cost and benefit justifications that are required to defend that position.
Week 6: Final Literature Review
Week 6: Final Literature Review. (70 points)
This is a stand-alone literature review. As such, provide a brief background on your selected topic and its importance. Include the scope of the literature review. The Literature Review reflects the research and information that was discovered in formulating, writing, and completing the Individual Signature Course Project. Relevant literature should be included. Carefully evaluate and select sources of information including those sources in the References section of your paper. As a part of your research and evaluation, select appropriate trends, patterns, conflicts, and contradictions found in the literature. Be sure to address the following questions:
· Were any gaps in the information noted? If so, include this information.
· How did you address such relevant gaps in your Literature Review?
· What new insight was discovered from the review? Why? How can you tell?
A successful Literature Review should demonstrate a student’s deep understanding of the topic but also why and how that topic matters in moving HR to a strategic position in the management of the firm.
The draft of your Literature Review is due in Week 6. The paper length of the draft should be a minimum of 8-10 pages not including the title page and reference page.
Consult with your instructor for any guidance or additional information you may need.
Continue contemplating what to include in your Final Presentation.
Documentation and Formatting
It is properly referenced according to APA guidelines.
Organization and Cohesiveness
It is written in a cohesive manner that flows from stated assumptions.
It is spell-checked for meaning as well as accuracy.
Content of Final Presentation
The presentation described the purpose of the Literature Review, a summary of the research, and conclusions as well as a brief discussion of how the research topic could benefit the organization and the people that serve in the company.
In addition to functional topics, including issues in staffing, employee learning, employee relations, performance management, total rewards, and HR information systems, this presentation included topics from the Literature Review that mirrored the course’s primary objectives.
The presentation length should be a minimum of 10 slides and comply with all formatting and APA style standards.
The presentation should include significant academic references and stay away from web pages that offer sales or opinions versus academic rigor. A successful presentation should demonstrate a student’s deep understanding of the topic but also why and how that topic matters in moving HR to a strategic position in the management of the firm.
Running Head: ANALYSIS OF THE HRM OF AMAZON ORGANIZATION 1
ANALYSIS OF THE HRM OF AMAZON ORGANIZATION 5
Analysis of the HRM of Amazon Organization
DeVry University/Keller Graduate School of Management
Human Resource Management (HRM 591)
Professor: Dr. Paula Offutt
Date: May 15, 2022
Analysis of the HRM of Amazon Organization
III. PROBLEM STATEMENT
IV. LITERATURE REVIEW
a) Recruitment strategy
b) Turnover and strategy
c) Performance management strategy
d) Training and development strategy
VI. RECOMMENDATIONS AND FUTURE WORK
Baboolal-Frank, R. (2021). Analysis of amazon: Customer centric approach. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 20, 1-16.
Hamid, H. (2019). The strategic position of human resource management for creating sustainable competitive advantage in the VUCA world. J. Hum. Resour. Manag. Labor Stud, 7, 1-4.
Abdullah, P. Y., Zeebaree, S. R., Jacksi, K., & Zeabri, R. R. (2020). An hrm system for small and medium enterprises (sme) s based on cloud computing technology. International Journal of Research-GRANTHAALAYAH, 8(8), 56-64.
Harney, B., & Dundon, T. (2020). Amazon: HRM and change in the house of neo-liberalism. In Case Studies in Work, Employment and Human Resource Management. Edward Elgar Publishing.
· When employees are satisfied, productivity increases.
· Satisfaction is enhanced by open and supportive communication.
· The critical goal of management is meeting the needs of employees.
The expected outcome of this project is the ability of Amazon HRM to have an excellent competence strategy for the present and future jobs. The ability of Amazon to increase retention of employees and higher productivity. Another expected outcome is the ability of the company to back up talent and be able to make an organization Diagnosis and identify critical capabilities.
DRAFT OF OUTLINE
a) Importance of Subject
b) Brief review of Research
c) Need for the Research
III. Problem Statement
IV. Literature Review
a) Chapter 1 – The Strategic Role of Human Resources Management
b) Chapter 2 – The Changing Legal Emphasis
c) Chapter 3: Human Resources Management and Technology
d) Chapter 4: Designing and Analyzing Jobs
e) Chapter 5: Human Resources Planning
f) Chapter 6: Recruitment
g) Chapter 7: Selection
h) Chapter 8: Orientation and Training
i) Chapter 9: Career Development
j) Chapter 10: Performance Management
k) Chapter 11: Strategic Pay Plans
l) Chapter 12: Pay-for-Performance and Financial Incentives
m) Chapter 13: Employee Benefits and Services
n) Chapter 14: Occupational Health and Safety
o) Chapter 15: Managing Employee Separations
p) Chapter 16: Labor Relations
V. Recommendations And Future Work
a) Review Purpose of Project
b) Identify Gaps in the Research
c) Propose Areas for additional research
VIII. Company Contact Information
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.