For the “What’s in Your Kitchen” inventory and write up, you will submit the following:1. The pdf file (filled out, of course) titled “What’s in Your Kitchen Guidelines and Questions”2. The Excel file (or Google sheets) titled “Kitchen Inventory.”
Unformatted Attachment Preview
What’s in Your Kitchen?
Download this file plus the worksheet “Kitchen Inventory from Canvas” to your desktop (do not leave in your
downloads folder!). Select 30 items of processed food from your pantry/cupboard and refrigerator (for example,
cereal, ketchup, soup, etc.). Read the labels to determine if any of the corn-based food additives listed in the
worksheet are present. For each food item, write its name and check off (with an X) additives found in the list of
ingredients. Also note whether the food itself is labeled as “natural” on the box or container (mark Y for those
1. Of the 30 items you chose, how many have corn-based food additives?
2. Of the 30 items you chose, which, if any, had high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)?
3. Refer to Omnivore’s Dilemma to answer the following:
a. What is HFCS a blend of? (p 89)
b. What is the economic significance of HFCS? (p 89)
c. Read (or re-read) Chapter 6 carefully, with an eye on the impact of the creation of HFCS. What effects
has the “invention” of HFCS had on Americans? (Note: the response to this should be about 350 words, so
you should treat this as a mini-essay. Think about this and organize your ideas and points.)
4. Of the items on your list, were any identified somewhere on the box as “natural”? If so, which?
5. Refer to p 98 in Omnivore’s Dilemma. What is the point Pollan makes about the label “natural”?
6. What are your impressions of your “inventory”? (About 200 words.)
Submit this writeup, plus your Excel worksheet or Google sheet, to Canvas under Assignments > What’s
In Your Kitchen?
Purchase answer to see full
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.