In Federalist 10, James Madison put forth the idea that in order to keep any one group from becoming too powerful in government, and to preserve the protections of freedom the Founders worked so hard to craft, that there must be mechanisms to allow for competition among groups. We can see evidence of this in the First Amendment allowing Americans “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” The ability for us to join together for a common cause is not a new idea, but Madison and the Founders wanted to ensure that our right to form common interest groups was legally protected. We see this in modern times expressed in interest groups. There are numerous interest groups in the country that range from local groups to national to international. Some are well funded and some struggle for funding. Some interest groups are about a single issue (NRA and gun rights) and some are much more broad (AARP and rights/treatment of retired persons).In Texas, we have interest groups that are state specific, like Empower Texans or the Texas Community College Teachers Association, and there are also state chapters of national interest groups such as Texas NAACP or Texas Farm Bureau Association. These groups are made up of people who have a common interest in promoting, protecting, or creating public policies that benefit their members’ goals. We are free to join any interest group we would like to, however, some groups have membership requirements. The AARP require members to be over 55 years old, the American Medical Association requires members to hold a medical license, the Texas Bar Association requires members to be lawyers, and so on.Information to help you answer this question will be found in Chapters 6 and 12 of your textbook.In your original post you must:Identify a strong interest group in the state of Texas.Describe what area of public policy this interest group tries to influence/impact.Identify a specific recent law/regulation that this interest group has been able to influence/impact within the last ten years.Explain in some detail what actions this interest group took to influence/impact this public policy.Post must also include:Works Cited at least 2 sources—MUST BE credible sources. To determine if your source is credible, you can visit: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/32400250 original-content words (this means quotes do not count towards word count)Post must be written in paragraph format. Do NOT use numbering or bullet points. There is no need to include the original questions in your post.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.