ITT-370: Designing a Wireless Network Part 3
When installing a wireless network, there are many components to consider, such as access points’ routing, switching, and effects on their OSI model. In this assignment, students will explore the different elements that need to be taken into consideration before installing wireless access points.
Directions: Write a report (1–2 pages) to the bank administration that explains how the design of the wireless network will help to avoid congestion on the network, as well as the components that need to be considered when installing access points. Consider the following when preparing this assignment:
1. The branch location may experience interference with the wireless signal.
2. IP wireless phones must always be in service.
a. Explain how routing, switching, and the physical /transport layers are relevant to wireless IP phones.
3. Client data must be up-to-date in the system (i.e., bank personnel need the most up-to-date information from customers to best serve their needs)
4. Connecting any handheld device or updating records over a wireless connection may result in a failed attempt. Considering the nature of the bank, how would you prevent this failure from happening?
© 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.ITT-370: Designing a Wireless Network Part 2
Now that you have started to design a wireless network for your assigned institution, the requirements for the wireless network will be considered in the form of a Network Needs Analysis.
All Case Studies
Directions: Refer back to the Design Document and complete the information in the “Network Needs Analysis” portion of the document. Consider the following when completing the “Network Needs Analysis” section:
1. Types of applications/services that will be used on the wireless network
2. Number of users the wireless network will have to support
3. Speed requirements for the wireless network
4. Estimate the load on the wireless network
Remember to address the needs of your assigned business setting when considering the requirements of the wireless network. While most businesses typically have the same setup, each individual institution has to be concerned about specific privacy issues, reliability, and security threats. Therefore, some additional research may need to be conducted for your assigned business.
© 2020. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.Name: Rita Mformen
ITT-370: Wireless Network Design Document
NETWORK DESIGN PROPOSAL FOR A BANK
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. PROJECT SCOPE 1
2. FEASIBILITY STUDY 1
3. NETWORK NEEDS ANALYSIS 2
4. QoS REQUIREMENTS 2
5. RELIABILITY AND SECURITY REQUIREMENTS 2
6. NETWORK DESIGN 2
7. DETAILED DESIGN DOCUMENTATION 2
8. COST ANALYSIS 3
To install the new wireless network for the Bank. Currently, the bank is using proprietary standards. The goal of the new wireless network is to use the 802.11 networks. The newly installed system should have an upgraded path to 802.11. All the employees of the bank should be able to access the newly installed wireless network. Also, the greeters should have wireless IP phones that will be used to answer questions when customers call, as well as route customer calls to the correct associate.
Objectives of the Network:
1. Secure Service – The objective of this project is to provide a secure network for the bank. The network should have an upgraded path to 802.11. The new proposed network will be transferred to an 802.11 network. During the process of designing the network, intruders should be kept out of the design of the network.
2. Integration and Updates – The old network was designed and built using proprietary standards. The current wireless network does not support any new network. The goal is to update the network to 802.11 networks. The software, as well as the types of equipment of the network, will be upgraded based on the requirements of the network.
3. Versatile Information Process – The network is designed to provide the user with the capabilities to process, extract and retrieve the data as well as information. The network will also have the installed functions of administration, maintenance system, and functionalities to provide the staff and greeters of the bank.
4. Collaboration – The upgraded wireless network will update and modifies the functionality of the maintenance department workplace. The department is providing software that will allow them to get the notification of the repair of the statuses. It will also assist them to upgrade the maintenance that has been completed by themselves. This will allow the department to keep up to date with any kind of issues and maintenance found on the bank.
5. Scalability – The new network is designed to adapt to new changes such as new devices for greeters or users. This is mandatory because the existing wireless network has no facility to upgrade to the new system or is not allowed to add new equipment to the old network.
Intended Users – The intended users for this project will be customers, bank specialists, officers, and greeters. Greeters will have the ability to use the network at their desired places. For many greeters, it’s mandatory for them to be able to have high-speed internet. They also have a strong signal wherever they go. The installation of the access point will improve the signal throughout t
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.