Presentation Overview/Outline (1 slide)
List the topics and subtropical areas that will be covered in the presentation (bullet points).
Introduction to the Topic
Provide a brief introduction to the topic and how it relates to human sexuality (if needed).
Definitions and Terms (1 slide)
Provide a list of definitions or descriptions of key terms that will be used in the presentation.
Issues Associated with the Topic (2-3 slides)
Describe key issues and/or questions to consider about the topic.
Human Sexuality Theory (1-2 slides)
Select at least one human sexuality theory that can help explain the issues.
Include an overall description of the theory and stages/components of the theory.
Include at least one citation supporting the psychological principles or concepts you are reporting.
Research related to the topic (1-2 slides)
Review at least one related study (empirical work) that has been conducted on this topic or a study related to the topic. Include the following:
Title of study and date conducted.
Implications of the study/real-world applications.
Include at least one citation to support your statements
Strategies/Solutions (1-2 slides)
Describe strategies/solutions for combatting the issues presented.
Include at least one citation to support your statements.
Conclusion (1 slide)
Conclude the presentation with the current state of the issues presented, next steps (in terms of research), and/or additional areas to consider.
In addition to the in-text citations included in the slides, the last slide should be an APA-style reference list.
Assessment 3 Instructions: Contemporary Issues Presentation
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
· Create a presentation in which you describe issues related to a contemporary topic of your choice, explain how psychological theory and research address the issues, and develop strategies to combat those issues.
Issues related to sex and sexuality are in the news every day and often touch our lives. Issues such as the easy availability of online pornography, sex trafficking, the rise of STDs in teens, and the availability of abortion services in some states are just a few. For this assessment, you will develop a presentation on a contemporary issue in human sexuality that could ultimately be used in multiple settings, including secondary schools, colleges or universities, community-based organizations, nonprofit organizations, mental health care facilities, hospitals or clinics, and businesses.
Complete the following:
· Choose a topic related to contemporary issues you would like to use for this assessment.
1. Popular culture, media, and music.
1. Sex for sale.
1. Sexual coercion.
1. Medical interventions for male sexual disorders.
1. Sexually transmitted infections.
1. The limited understanding of female sexuality.
1. Birth control and abortion.
1. Sexual disorders and sex therapy.
1. Variations in sexual behavior.
. Determine the target audience for your presentation and the setting in which it would be given.
. Use the Capella University Library to find one research study that is relevant to your issue.
. Use the Internet to find a government website that helps explain or shed light on your issue. Review the Government Websites for Contemporary Issues [PDF] document to help you get started.
. Select one theory from the following categories: evolutionary, psychological, critical, or learning theories. The theory you select should help explain the issue associated with your topic.
. Review the Contemporary Issues Presentation Template [PPTX] you will use to complete this assessment if you choose to use PowerPoint.
Using the course readings, scholarly literature, and other relevant sources, develop a presentation on one of the topics provided, using PowerPoint, Prezi, or other course-compatible format. The length of your presentation should be a minimum of 14 content slides of bulleted talking points as well as appropriate media, graphic, and charts or tables on select slides. You should not include many sentences and paragraphs as effective presentations only include talking points. Important: You must include expanded details that elaborate on the slides using the Notes section of the slide presentation. This is where you can use sentences and paragraphs to explain each slide.
Your presentation should begin with a brief introduction to the topic and a definition or description of key terms that will be used in the presentation. You should then provide a description of the issues associated with the topic. The issues will vary depending on your topic choice. After detailing the key issues, you should select at least one human sexuality theory that can help explain the issues. Also, review at least one related study that has been conducted on this topic or a study related to the topic and one government website. Conclude with possible strategies and/or solutions to help combat the issues described.
You should incorporate media, visual aids, charts/tables, and other graphics to enhance your presentation. You may be able to find these on a government website. Refer to the Government Websites for Contemporary Issues [PDF] document for examples. It is also important to support your work with appropriate scholarly literature or other relevant sources. Both in-text references (on the slides) and a reference list are required.
The following guide can may be used to organize your presentation:
. Slide 1: Title, (APA style).
. Slide 2: Presentation Overview/Outline.
. Slide 3: Introduction to the Topic.
. Slide 4: Definitions and Terms.
. Slides 5–8: Issues Associated With the Topic.
. Slides 9–10: Human Sexuality Theory Associated With the Topic.
. Slides 11–12: Associated Research. (A least one study.)
. Slides 13–14: Strategies/Solutions.
. Slide 15: Conclusion.
. Slide 16: References.
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
. Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
. APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and format. See Evidence and APA for more information.
. Number of resources: Use a minimum of two scholarly resources and one professional resource.
. Length: A minimum of 16 slides.
. Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
. Template: Use the Contemporary Issues Presentation Template to complete the assessment, if you choose to use PowerPoint.
Portfolio Prompt: You may choose to save this learning activity to your ePortfolio.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
. Competency 1: Apply basic psychological terminology and concepts related to human sexuality.
23. Describe the topic chosen.
23. Define key terms related to the topic chosen.
23. Describe the issues associated with the topic.
. Competency 2: Apply basic psychological theories to topics in human sexuality.
24. Apply a psychological theory to the issues identified.
. Competency 3: Apply basic scientific and research concepts and findings related to human sexuality.
25. Explain how research has addressed the issues.
25. Develop strategies to combat the issues.
. Competency 4: Write using a clear purpose, organization, tone, and sentence structure.
26. Address assessment purpose in a well-organized presentation.
26. Use appropriate tone for a particular audience.
· SCORING GUIDE
Use the scoring guide to understand how your assessment will be evaluated.
VIEW SCORING GUIDE
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.