A century ago, epidemiology was a population science that focused on infectious diseases and outbreaks. Pioneered by passionate researchers like John Snow and Florence Nightingale, epidemiologic methods were used to curb the spread of debilitating diseases like cholera and the Spanish Flu. Today epidemiology relates to more than just acute outbreaks of illness; it addresses many chronic population health problems that nurses and other healthcare professionals deal with every day, such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.
For this assignment, you explore the development and evolution of epidemiology and population health, as well as nurses’ roles in advancing care at the population level.
Explore important developments in the history of epidemiology and population health. Consider how current practices differ from those at the genesis of the field.
Reflect on the role of nurses in promoting population health in the light of the Learning Resources you reviewed this week.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a 300- to 400-word blog post addressing the following:
How has the practice and scope of population health changed? Include in your explanation the role of epidemiology in promoting the health of populations.
What role did nurses play at the advent of these concepts in the 1800s and early 1900s? Be sure to differentiate between individual and population-based care.
How can nurses play an effective role in advancing population health today? Discuss two ways you can make a difference at the population level.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.