The students should review the following materials to complete the requirements of this component:
· Financing Education in a Climate of Change – Chapter 10: Public Funds and Nonpublic Schools
· The PowerPoint presentation on School Choice.
Many state legislatures across the nation have enacted charter school regulations. Additionally, there has been a push to provide opportunity scholarships (vouchers) to parents that can be used to offset the cost of a private school education.
Much of the school choice legislation has been enacted to allow parents to choose their children’s schools as the public schools have been perceived as falling farther behind and students are not making adequate progress.
There has been some litigation regarding school choice, charter schools, and voucher programs. The following websites review litigation in these areas.
The following link provides a summary for each state’s public school choice options.
https://www.edchoice.org/school-choice/types-of-school-choice/ (Links to an external site.)
The following links provide a summary of Trends in School Choice options utilized in the United States:
https://nces.ed.gov/programs/schoolchoice/intro.asp (Links to an external site.)
The following link provides a variety of information addressing Charter Schools:
http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=30 (Links to an external site.)
http://nces.ed.gov/programs/coe/2010/section4/indicator32.asp (Links to an external site.)
The following link provides information about School Choice programs across the United States:
http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=6 (Links to an external site.)
The following link provides information about the number of students participating in “Home School” in the United States:
http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=91 (Links to an external site.)
No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and School Choice/vouchers:
http://www.ed.gov/nclb/choice/schools/edpicks.jhtml?src=ln (Links to an external site.)
The state of Florida has enacted various pieces of school choice legislation that allows parents to:
· Pick their child’s school within a district
· Use a publicly funded voucher for private school tuition
· Enter their children in a charter school that has been sponsored by the local school district.
For this section, each student is expected to write a short research paper. The paper should focus on School Choice as it relates to public school funding. The student may want to look at Charter Schools, Opportunity Scholarships (vouchers), or education tax credits. The paper should not exceed eight pages, double-spaced. This document/paper must contain 5 reference citations using APA 5.0 format.
The purpose of this paper is to have the student to review this subject and discuss the pros and cons of providing public funds for use in private schools.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.